The purpose of this agreement is to provide a mutual understanding of the goals and responsibilities of Faith Academy ONLINE by defining the academy/parent/student relationship. Parents or guardians agree to the following items when enrolling a student in the Academy.
Supporting parents and guardians by:
- Accepting students at their current skill level.
- Prescribing a suitable course of study from the results of placement testing.
- Supplying the Academy curriculum needed for the courses.
- Supporting parents with quality technical, administrative, and academic assistance.
- Evaluating, grading/reviewing, recording, and reporting student progress in a timely manner.
- Issuing a diploma upon successful completion of Faith Academy ONLINE graduation requirements.
The parent/guardian agrees:
- To acknowledge that the Academy's curriculum is written from a Bible-centered, Christian worldview in accordance with the Academy's statement of faith.
- To study the Academy orientation materials and parent/teacher's handbook and will abide by all policies and procedures therein.
- To know and understand all applicable local and state home school laws and requirements. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to select the course of study needed to meet any applicable home school graduation requirements in my state. It is my responsibility as parent to complete any reports that may be required in my home state. I understand that Faith Academy does not accept responsibility for such reporting.
- To fulfill the role of the primary educator who will guide, teach, and motivate my student to follow and complete the course of study assigned, with the freedom to creatively enrich the basic studies with additional projects, field trips, and lab work.
- To understand that the work my student submits to the Academy must be his/hers solely. Tests and quizzes should be completed by the students independent of any other resources (e.g., answer keys, lesson text, "coaching," etc.).
- To submit work on a regular basis to allow for ongoing oversight by Academy staff and teachers.
- To understand that the academic year is considered to be 180 days. Up to 12 months are allowed to complete one school year's coursework.
- To understand that the registration fee is non-refundable once it has been processed, regardless of placement test results.
- To make a tuition payment before curriculum is accessible.
- To understand that the Academy reserves the right to cancel enrollment at any time due to non-payment of fees, unsatisfactory progress, program abuse or plagiarism, or failure to follow Academy procedures. Students are expected to complete daily coursework. If a student is inactive in a course for 30 days or making unsatisfactory progress, the student will be withdrawn from the course.
- To read and understand the cancellation and refund policy. If I choose to cancel or withdraw my student(s), I must notify the Academy in writing or by e-mail.
Verification of Transfer Credits
I as the parent/student/guardian understand that it is my sole responsibility to verify the acceptance of credits at any other school or educational institution. I acknowledge that Faith Academy ONLINE does not accept responsibility for such verification and does not guarantee acceptance of credits.
Faith Academy ONLINE admits students of any race, ethnic origin, gender, or nationality. The academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis or race, ethnic origin, gender, creed, nationality, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.